I am migrating this site (trac.factoryswblog.org) to a new server, and have to update it before repository browsing will work. There's a good chance I'll make some other improvements as well.
Thank you for your patience.
Welcome to the Factory Software Blog Trac Site
This site and its companion Subversion site provide support and a repository for my blog.
This Trac site is read-only because I don't have time to deal with wiki-spam and such.
Projects and General Information
Unless otherwise noted, all PCB projects are covered by my PCB license (under Repository Guide) Unless otherwise noted, all software projects are covered by my software license (under Repository Guide)
All information is correct to the best of my knowledge, but it's very possible my knowledge is limited (especially on out of production equipment without datasheets) or I've made a typo.
- FP-SMC-1 Interface PCB Project
- Arduino with Motor And Grove Shields More information supporting this Arduino tutorial
CANOpen Adapter Boards
- CO-DB9-RJ45-2 CANOpen DB9 to Dual RJ45 Board
- CO-HDR-RJ45 CANOpen 5.08mm 5 Pin Header to Dual RJ45 Board
- CO-M12-RJ45 CANOpen M12 to Dual RJ45 Board
- CO-TB-RJ45 CANOpen Terminal Block to Dual RJ45 Board
- CO-RJ45-PWR CANOpen RJ45 board for monitoring and providing CAN_V+
Product lists and other resource that might be useful, from my viewpoint as an automation designer. The lists are based on what I've come across, so use them as a starting point.
- Free 2D MCAD Free 2D CAD, including AutoCAD clones
- Low cost 3D MCAD Low cost or free 3D Mechanical CAD programs
- CAM Low Cost or Free Computer Aided Manufacturing programs
- Electrical Schematics Electrical Schematic Software
- PCB Software PCB Design Software
- PCB Protos PCB Fab Houses
- Industrial Robot Resources
- Piezo Motors And Piezo Positioners
- Load Cell Venders
Embedded Ecosystems and Resources (Including Maker and Hobbyist Links)
My information on the mostly Open Source embedded (or Maker) ecosystems such as Arduino, BeagleBone, LaunchPad / BoosterPack, mbed, Gadgeteer, Grove, TinkerKit, and Pmod.
- My Embedded Ecosystem Summary Page - '''Start Here'''
- Also check on the blog
- Serial-Linked LEDs such as NeoPixel, WS2812B, and APA1012 Notes and Links
Motor, Drive, and Controller Information and Notes
- Cleveland Motion Control T0604B9100 MDM5000 Series BLDC Servo Motor
- Beckhoff AM3011-0B00-0001 BLDC Servo Motor
- Electro-Craft E3618-E-F00AN NEMA23 BLDC Motor
- Emoteq (Hathaway) BH02300E06HE NEMA23 BLDC Motor (BH023 series)
- MCG IB23000-E1 NEMA23 BLDC Motor
- Parker Bayside R100D Direct Drive Rotary Stage
- Parker Compumotor CM232BE-00480B BLDC Servo Motor
- Yaskawa SGM-04A312 AC Servo Motor
- Applied Motion Products 5023-100 Stepper Motor (AMP 5023 series)
- Oriental Motor Vexta PH265L-04 NEMA23 Stepper Motor (PH265 Series)
- Pacific Scientific N-Series PowerPac NEMA34 Stepper Motors
- Sanyo Denki Step-Syn 103-771-16 NEMA23 Unipolar Stepper Motor
Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- CANOpen Cabling
- Making a Panasonic FP0/FPG PLC Mini-DIN to DB9F Programming Cable
- Making a Copley RJ11 (Accelnet, Stepnet, etc) to DB9 Serial Cable
- Making an Elmo Harmonica to DB9F Serial Cable?
My Standard Cabling
Since I have so many different motors and drives, I have decided to wire them all to some common standards, so I can plug any motor into any appropriate drive. I will standardize some of the I/O such as limit sensors, but probably not all; for example, analog I/O might be hard to standardize.
- Standard Servo Power Connector
- Standard Primary Feedback Connector (Encoder and Halls)
- Standard Stepper Power Connector?
- Standard Limit Sensor Connector?
- Standard Input Connectors
Automation Resources (Beta)
- Factory Automation Related Open Source Projects
- IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol Hardware and Software
- CANOpen Hardware, Software, and Books
- Ethernet PowerLink Hardware and Software
- Industrial Ethernet Notes, including EtherCAT, IC's, and more
Embedded Development Resources
- Software License
- PCB Design License
- Software Configuration Management Utilities (scm_utilities)
- Subversion Utilities (svn)
- desvn.py - removes .svn directories from a directory tree
- Subversion Utilities (svn)
More on Trac
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.